cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with Cocoon and Spring
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 23:08:50 GMT
Patrick Heiden pisze:
> [...] Already back!
>
>> I would like to suggest you two nice readings which could probably help you understand
better
>> Cocoon's architecture and avoid common pitfalls:
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/74571
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.user/63219 (excellent discussion with
Rainer
>> Pruy)
>>
>> Oh, and in your spare time you could probably take a look at this screencast:
>> http://people.apache.org/~gkossakowski/cocoon-tutorial-rcl-2.html (I plan to move
it to our
>> main site as soon as I have some free time)
>
> I've just finished watching your rcl-tut-video. Nice work and good starting point to
let users
> know about rcl. This should definitely go to user-documentation! Also this could make
the point
> clear, that users are able to use the IDE they want to (in my case there is just vim
during my
> last developer-years ;) But in addition to my concerns about a final deployable war of
my webapp,
> what should I do to deactivate jetty and rcl within my production-environment (wich is
going to
> be Tomcat). This has  of course security reasons and should keep my war as small as possible.
Is
> this the point, where maven running-modes come into play? Are there archetypes to set
up such an
> project-hierarchy, maybe including the src/test -setup as well? If those solutions already
exists
> I suggest to extend your video and put them right there!

It's a job of webapp (created from webapp archetype) to assemble final, production-ready WAR
package
that is clean of RCL dependencies, Jetty dependencies, etc. So apart from creating webapp
and
declaring dependencies on your blocks you don't have to do anything more. The rest belongs
to us and
Maven.

As I promised, I'll try to officially this video shortly.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski