cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Pruy <Rainer.P...@Acrys.COM>
Subject Re: Is there an "url wildcard" selector (equivalent)
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 07:31:16 GMT
Thanks,
yes, I am aware of nesting.

To get closer to my question, just assume (may not have been stated clearly by me with initial
post):

- the condition "does not contain C" is not stated easily in terms of wildcard
  (just consider: what is the "not" of pattern "**/special treatment_area/**"
   and keep in mind, that I do not have control over the undelying namespace
   as I then could move the normal processing to "**/normal/**" e.g.)

- the condition does only affect generators (in my case usually aggregators),
  the rest of the pipeline will be the same
  Thus, using the "return" character of "serialize" would also require multiplying the same
pipeline

Rainer

solprovider@apache.org schrieb:
> Are you aware that pipelines can be nested?
> http://solprovider.com/lenya/nesting
>
> <map:match pattern="**">
>    <map:match pattern="**/C/**">
>       <!-- Pattern contains "/C/" -->
>       <map:generate src="FoundC.xml"/>
>       <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>    </map:match>
>    <!-- Pattern does not contain "C" -->
>    <map:generate src="NoCFound.xml"/>
>    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> </map:match>
>
> Each piece of code must start with an Generator/Aggregator and end
> with a Serializer (or call a Reader or Redirector.)  Think of
> <map:serialize> as a return statement.
>
> Is this the information you need?  Or did I miss the problem?
>
> solprovider
>
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Rainer Pruy <Rainer.Pruy@acrys.com> wrote:
>>  But what to do, when one needs to handle X/c/** and X/** (excluding X/c/**) different?
>>  (At least if the contained components are not "final" (serialize, read))
>>
>>  ("X" is an arbitrary path, not having any single path component "c";
>>   while "c" is a simple path component (no "/"))
>>
>>  Using combinations of wildcard macher and simple selector does work, but is quite
verbose.
>>  A "not c" pattern is not generally available (decomposing c into positive and negative
set patterns
>>  might work, but will be even more writing for c's that include several characters).
>>
>>  Any selector I did miss?
>>
>>  Regards,
>>  Rainer Pruy

Rainer Pruy
Geschäftsführer

Acrys Consult GmbH & Co. KG
Untermainkai 29-30, D-60329 Frankfurt
Tel: +49-69-244506-0 - Fax: +49-69-244506-50
Web: http://www.acrys.com -  Email: office@acrys.com
Handelsregister: Frankfurt am Main, HRA 31151