cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: image caching
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 00:55:56 GMT
On 04.03.2008 09:04, Lehtonen, Mika wrote:

> I have pipeline which produces pdfs (with fop 0.20 or 0.94 or newer)
> using XML-data and images. In xsl I have multiple
> 'fo:external-graphics'-tags. While creating my pdfs I normally have to
> edit my images. But after the first time the image is introduced to the
> pdf, it stays the same although I edit the actual image. The editing is
> implemented only after I have restarted the Cocoon. (Cocoon 2.1.11 /
> Tomcat 6.0.14)
>
> I have this in my pipeline:
>
> <map:pipeline internal-only="false" type="noncaching">
>
> won't help.
>
> The image is also fetched using pipeline like this:
>
>    <map:match pattern="selitykset/*-*-*-*.gif">
>      <map:read mime-type="image/gif" src="selitykset/{1}/{2}/{3}/{4}.gif"/>
>    </map:match>
>
> What to do that I don't have to restart Cocoon beacuse of changes in the
> images?

My guess is it's actually the PDF that is taken from the cache. I guess
the cache key for the PDF does not take included resources like your
images into account. If that's true you just have to invalidate the PDF.
I don't know how exactly your PDF pipeline looks like but you might want
to "touch" (in the Linux sense, changing the file's timestamp) an XSLT
or the input XML.

Joerg