cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Heiden" <patrickhei...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2: Accessing resources (images, css)
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:29:54 GMT
Hello!
<snip/>

> Great. As I said, it would be nice if you could share your experiences
> (possibly by writing some
> tutorials).

Could you please explain the block convention a little, because

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g2/1345.html

is a little short on services (blocks from archetype locate them within pipeline id="service",
just to make clear what I mean. Out of the above text I would guess following:

blockA-sitemap:

internal-resource: all (XML) stuff, wich is treated by blockA and then served to caller (e.g.
via SSF). This is structural place to put in pipeline calls from other blocks, right?

external-resource: all statics as mentioned before in this thread

service: all connections to other blocks are placed here, whereby these blocks should be treated
as 'helper' to abet blockA's work doing lots of own work respectively, right? (Those I would
e.g. call inside an aggregate via cocoon:/, wich points to matching inside 'service' pipeline.
Why is this pipe not internal only?

Best greetings,
Patrick