cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Heiden" <patrickhei...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: java 1.5 and cocoon
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2008 22:38:39 GMT
Hello Joerg!

> >> Depends on what you are using to build your project. In my ant
> >> projects I have both 'source' and 'target' attributes set to 1.5. See
> >> http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/javac.html
> >
> > I am using maven to build my project and cocoon 2.2 as my web-tier. I've
> read that it is also necessary to change some cocoon src-files wich use
> 'enum' as identifier because since 1.5 it is a keyword. Is this right? So
> what do I actually have to change when using 1.5 and cocoon 2.2?
>
> Nothing except for the build configs mentioned above. Cocoon is Java 5
> or even Java 6 compatible.

I've build a fresh cocoon-trunk a couple of minutes ago. I've changed

<plugin>
   <version>2.0.2</version>
   <configuration>
      <source>1.5</source>
      <target>1.5</target>
   </configuration>
</plugin>

within the ./parent/pom.xml file. Then I wanted to test the result and created a new simple-block.
I've then changed the MyBean.java so that it defines a generics List<String>. I still
get the error that generics are not supported with -source 1.3, so anything is missing. Any
advice?

Much thanks,
Patrick