cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Heiden" <patrickhei...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [HELP]: blocks and domainmodel
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:53:35 GMT
Hello!

<snip/>

> Sorry, I was apparently not clear. I use facades that sit on top of the
> domain layer. My flow scripts just deal with these facades. These
> facades are made transaction aware. You do exactly the same. Currently,
> I have just one spring conf file (in the jar) that defines the
> transaction management for the domain. I am just not entirely clear
> whether the transactions are truly global or just local within a block.
> If they are local than I would need to include the same transaction
> definitions in a number of blocks. If they are truly global, than just
> one block would need to include the transactions, I presume.

Following what Grzegorz mentioned earlier, I would say, that transaction definitions within
domain-app-ctx are global for all blocks as long as one put a dependency to the domain.jar
within the blocks pom.xml. Then it is just up to the blocks using domain.jar to include 'your'
statement to META-INF/cocoon/spring/appCtx.xml to tell that there is another appCtx in the
classpath. Actually there is only one global webAppCtx, including all sub-contexts and there
should be no problem with transactions. Or do I miss something? I am not sure in wich cases
there should be other transaction-rules within some blocks, because I only want to use transactional
behaviour out of my domainmodel and never want to let cocoon do any DB-stuff itself.

Greetings,
Patrick