cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Heiden" <patrickhei...@gmx.de>
Subject [HELP]: blocks and domainmodel
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:12:02 GMT
Hello together!

I'm trying to find a 'best' way to integrate my domainmodel/businesslayer into cocoon 22 block-semantics.
Imagine a rich domainmodel with several package-specific services presented to the client
as facade (decoupling persistence and the like). Development of the domainmodel is kept outside
for testing-purposes and so on. How should I integrate a 'finished' domainmodel into cocoon-22
blocks?

Several blocks use different parts of the model, of course, and the usage is triggered through
a main-controller-block. Following the discussions within this mailing-list so far, I am able
to imagine, that I could spread my domainmodel to different blocks, but this is not what I
want to achieve.
Should there be a 'domain'-block, wich contains all domain-beans/objects and from wich other
blocks can get access to the domain?

Maybe my problem is, that there is no archetype for such an integrated dev-environment (or
my thoughts about using the given ones is somewhat incomplete). I would like a structure like
the following:

myProject
+ domain
   + ...
+ dao
   + ...
+ web
   + cocoon-blocks

Or is it the best way to build the domain totally seperate and add the domain.jar as dependency
to my blocks?

Any hints possible based on my short description?

Best Greetings
Patrick
--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free