cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Heiden" <patrickhei...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: application-context loading order
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 16:53:41 GMT

> >> I don't think the order of the block's spring.xml matter since AFAIK a
> >> child context is created for every block extending a common parent
> >> context. So inside a block you only have access to the block's beans
> >> and the one from the parent context.
> >
> > that's not correct: All bean declared in META-INF/cocoon/spring/*.xml
> > are loaded into the global application context. The files are ordered
> > alphabetically.
> >
> > There also exist *sitemap* local beans which are only available from
> > within a particular sitemap.
>
> Ok, thanks for correcting. Just to rephrase it: Beans declared in the
> sitemap (Or what does "sitemap local beans" mean? Are they Avalon
> components?) are in a block-specific child context, but beans declared
> in the block's spring.xml are not? How to extend blocks then?

 Thanks for your replies. After reading your JavaDoc API (from http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/servlet-service/1.0/servlet-service-impl/1.0/apidocs/index.html)
about the ServletFactoryBean, I would guess, that there is one ApplicationContext for every
servlet defined. That means, for each block, which is represented as servlet (e.g. with contextPath,
mountPath, ...) there is a corresponding AppCtx, right? So are the additional context eithin
META-INF/cocoon/spring/*.xml loaded under that ctx as parent??

Best greetings,
Patrick