cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Heiden" <patrickhei...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: 2.2 tutorials help
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 20:09:26 GMT
[...]

> > All I can say right now ist, that my head wont let me fall in sleep so
> fast. The tutorial is like
> > a request, enabling the 'think-off-all-the-possibilities'-pipeline
> within my mind.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you elaborate?

Well, what I was trying to tell is, that by now I can imagine the basics of cocoon and reach
up to a point (in addition to your help!), to imagine the power of cocoon-2.2 blocks usage
as well. After that it is really hard to stop thinking about the possible features within
the spring-configurator and the servlet-service-fw! (I leave this discussion to thread "Help
with Cocoon and Spring").

> > The servlet-protocol is one of the best (multipurpose) producer-consumer
> implementations i've seen so
> > far. To repeat my suggest at this point: It would be really great to
> find a better theory-founded
> > introduction into cocoons concepts within the new 2.2 documentation. I
> think a discussion to fill
> > the gap between the 'old' using-pure-servlets and the
> 'this-is-what-cocoon-do-with-it' would be a
> > great help. I won't be supprised if such an introduction would leed to
> many new cocoon-users,
> > because the concepts are great. And I am just at the beginning (spend my
> last week to dig through
> > distributed documentation).
>
> There are some attempts to describe how Servlet Service Framework works.
> It's core piece of software
> in Cocoon 2.2 and certainly needs much attention. There is a draft
> document explaining abstract
> concepts (without usage details) that can be found here:
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-servlet-service-impl/g1/1412.html
>
> It would be nice if you could read it and give some feedback. I plan to
> add more usage details
> shortly and publish everything on our official site.

Of course I woll do so after reading!

Patrick

--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free