cocoon-users mailing list archives

From shai200 <shai...@gmail.com>
Subject Old-style ApplicationContext crashes the system
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 23:05:13 GMT

Hello,

I have certain objects that I need to store statically in the application
context level.

I currently have an ApplicationContext class that is loaded by a Preloader
class which implements ServletContextListener. I load it by patching web.xml
like so:

<xweb xpath="/web-app" insert-after="listener[last()]">
	<listener>			<!-- Preloader loads the application context, session context,
etc. -->
		<listener-class>com.elintegro.skunk.config.Preloader</listener-class>
	</listener>
</xweb>

However, for some reason the program crashes when it initializes the
ApplicationContext:

ApplicationContext.setAppContext(sce);
where sce is a ServletContextEvent passed as a parameter to the
contextInitialized method.

To keep a long story short, I'm trying to achieve the goal of storing
objects on the application level (and having them initialize when the web
server starts) by adhering to the standard Cocoon way (perhaps through
Spring? I'm not sure how that is done).

Is there a documentation page explaining step-by-step how to do this?