cocoon-users mailing list archives

From anil <anilksha...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: 2.1 components in 2.2
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:37:20 GMT

Hi -

I'm writing my first generator & I've run into a problem which hopefully you
could help me with - I was able to create the generator & specify it in the
components part of the sitemap: i.e.:

<map:generator name="browseGenerator"
src="com.semantico.generator.BrowseGenerator"/>

and access it within a sitemap pipeline:

<map:match pattern="generateBrowse" />
  <map:generate type="browseGenerator" />
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

But ideally what I would like to do is specify the class for the generator
within the spring configuration (as there are properties I would like to set
within the bean).

I figured I could remove the <map:generator> declaration and define the
generator within the spring config, but the sitemap complains that it
doesn't know the browseGenerator I've defined within my spring config:

Type 'browseGenerator' does not exist for 'map:generate'

Could you clarify how I should use access the spring bean as a generator
within the sitemap? I know that the scope of the bean must be 'prototype'
but I can't seem to find any other information.

Do I need some other kind of configuration apart from an entry within the
application context & referencing the name of the bean in the application
context within the <map:generate>  declaration?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,
Anil.