cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stu Baurmann <s...@logicu.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon Sparql Transformer ? - Peruser 2.1.1 released to Sourceforge
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2008 18:30:53 GMT

My group has finally released Peruser 2.1.1, which includes features for
executing SPARQL queries within a
Cocoon pipeline.   It uses the Jena ARQ engine.   Our work is released under
Apache 2.0 license,
but some (non-essential) included third party components have other
licenses.

http://www.peruser.net

There is a PeruserTransformer (a DOMTransformer) and an incomplete
PeruserInputModule.

We are still working on the website/docs, the javadocs, and many desirable
features lacking in the code.
But basic SPARQL queries work fine now, and there are some demo queries
online.

We are interested in feedback regarding what additional features users will
find most useful, and how
our work in this area can be complementary to other work in the Cocoon
community.  Does the idea
of a "peruser block" in the Cocoon distro make sense?  (Perhaps that's more
a topic for cocoon-dev).

A few months ago, we started this google group for general discussion of how
Cocoon fits with semantic
technology.   We thought this was wise, to avoid possibly drowning the
cocoon-users list in what
might become a busy topic with a limited constituency.   All are welcome to
join in there, but continuing
the discussion here on cocoon-users is also fine with me if it's OK with our
list moderators.

http://groups.google.com/group/cocoon-semantic-platform/

peace,

Stu