cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <Andre.Juf...@oulu.fi>
Subject Re: jetty
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:41:47 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 27.02.2008 08:15, Andre Juffer wrote:
>
>>> Is it only me wondering how this can work at all when there is an
>>> exception? In that case finished is NEVER set to true and you always
>>> get into an infinite loop. How can this work with Tomcat? Or am I
>>> just missing something?
>>
>> If there is an exception, it should be caught by the catch (ex)
>> portion, which extracts the message and puts it in the message form.
>> finished remains false (you are entirely right) and the form is being
>> displayed again to the user as I intended.
>
> If it can display the form ... otherwise you get into the try block
> again, it throws again an exception, catches and handles it, back to try
> block ... and so on. That's what I had in mind.

Ah, I see. Yeah, that could indeed be an issue. I have to mention that I
have used this code in many occasions, and it never seem to have caused
an issue, as I usually check first whether or not the entered data is
valid (I rely on dojo for this purpose).

> Joerg

The Biocenter and            | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi