cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Pruy <Rainer.P...@Acrys.COM>
Subject Re: C2.2: Accessing form via servlet services?
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:28:30 GMT
Rainer Pruy schrieb:

> Ideally, I wish for a clear interface of a block stating data/methods/... available to
external callers (public),
> to other blocks (protected or default in Java terms, not quite a match, so), and to local
callers (private).
> (And saving me as developer the pain of adding endless lists of "&amp;PARAM={request-param:PARAM}"
to any servlet: URL used within a
> sitemap.)

Just to add some illustration: consider effects of using "cocoon-view" across calls.
While the semantics with SSF is much simpler than it is with "cocoon:",
I now must provide my own hierarchy of view labels to get the correct view across the complete
call hierarchy
(this is the part I like more with SSF) and must handle passing the correct request parameter
values (this it annying at best, at
least it is tedious work).

So do not just think of parameters used with the functionality of an URL but also "common"
features provided by the "environment" taht
will react on value of some prameters.

Rainer

--
Rainer Pruy
Managing Director

Acrys Consult GmbH & Co. KG
Untermainkai 29-30, D-60329 Frankfurt, Germany
Phone: +49-69-244506-0 - Fax: +49-69-244506-50
Web: http://www.acrys.com -  Email: office@acrys.com
Registered: Frankfurt am Main, HRA 31151