cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Newer FOP to Cocoon 2.1.11
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:03:43 GMT
On 18.02.2008 09:55, Kai Mütz wrote:

>> I am afraid it won't help. I already increased the heap size to
>> 2,5/3,5g min/max, but I still can't plot any pdf including raster
>> out, whether the raster is at any size. It seems like something is
>> totally broken but I can't imagine that a user could get the whole
>> system to crash.
>
> You should try to increase the PermGen space, e.g. -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
>
>> I am printing large images; the FOP manual said: do not use large
>> images. So I don't know is this project of mine sane, but it seemed
>> to be working nice with 12000x12000x24 rasters until I got creedy and
>> add the pixel amount. It crashed and after that, I haven't been able
>> to print out a single raster through FOP.
>
> I don't have any experiences with such large images. Sorry.

Mika, I guess you are exceeding this list's knowledge with your
requirements ;-) It's no longer much of a Cocoon issue than a FOP issue.
So you might get better results asking your questions on the FOP list
(or even Batik since that's used for image rendering as far as I know).
They might be even able to tell you how to create your PDF differently
to save memory.

Joerg