cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Dev at weitling <d...@weitling.net>
Subject Re: GZIP Stream Generator
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:45:55 GMT

>>> Have you ever heard about a king of stream generator that could
>>> rread a gzip compress xml data flow, gunzip it and generate sax
>>> events ?
>>>
>>> Does this kind of generator exist ?
>>
>> I don't know. But if you want to code something like this, it could
>> probably better as a Reader, so the contained data doesn't have to be
>> XML.
> i am not familiar to Reader.

For 2.1 look here at the org.apache.cocoon.reading.Reader interface
(http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/reading/Reader.html)

> Could you explain why it should be better to do with reader ?

The reader is more generic. With a GZipReader you could ungzip every
kind of data, not only xml. The standard generator could have it's data
provided by this reader. And readers could even be chained.

> Do not forget that client will sent GZIP file as stream...

Uhm, the client posts a gzipped xml file? What about Alexander Daniel's
post? So you could have the compression transparent and have to do now
work on it.

Florian