cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <ajuf...@sun3.oulu.fi>
Subject Re: webapp and blocks
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:04:56 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Andre Juffer wrote:
>

> You only have to put your Spring bean configuration file (*.xml) into
> the META-INF/cocoon/spring/ directory. Cocoon will pick it up
> automatically and add all components to the global Spring application
> context.

Yes, certainly I am aware of this. The jar represents a standalone
package (essentially the business logic) that is not aware of cocoon at
all. Taking out its bean configuration and putting it into
META-INF/cocoon/spring directory would in fact disrupt this
organization. However, a bean configuration file in
META-INF/cocoon/spring/ that includes the one in the jar would not
require any change in the jar (there is, I believe, something like
'include="classpath:/..."' in Spring). The jar could be used in all
kinds of different environments beside cocoon which may be convenient
(e.g. testing purposes). But I have not tested yet this all.

Thanks for your suggestions and help,
Andre