cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2.2]: Forms block
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:53:31 GMT
Andre Juffer wrote:
> More questions about blocks, in particular the forms block.
>
> I am trying to get a form going that worked very fine with C2.1,
> according to the migration guide at
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/forms/1.0/1351_1_1.html
>
> The first step required a change in
> src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/servlet-service.xml
>
> which currently now looks exactly like:

>   xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>   xmlns:servlet="http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/servlet"
>   xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
>   http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/servlet
> http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/servlet/cocoon-servlet-1.0.xsd">
>
>   <bean id="com.tribc.sopas.sops.service"
> class="org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapServlet">
>     <servlet:context mount-path="/sops" context-path="blockcontext:/sops/">
>       <servlet:connections>
>         <entry key="ajax" value-ref="org.apache.cocoon.ajax.impl.servlet"/>
>         <entry key="forms"
> value-ref="org.apache.cocoon.forms.impl.servlet"/>
>       </servlet:connections>
>     </servlet:context>
>   </bean>
>
> </beans>
>
> So far so good. I made a change in one flow script, adding:
> cocoon.load("servlet:forms:/resource/internal/flow/javascript/Form.js");
> and some adjustment in the sitemap, again following the migration
> guidelines. I have no means to test this all because of the following.
>
> The addition in servlet-service.xml requires the existence of other
> beans with refs "org.apache.cocoon.ajax.impl.servlet" and
> "org.apache.cocoon.forms.impl.servlet". These do not exist and
> consequently 'mvn jetty:run' utterly fails with the message:
>
> Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
> Error creating bean with name 'com.tribc.sopas.sops.service': Cannot
> resolve reference to bean 'org.apache.cocoon.ajax.impl.servlet' while
> setting bean property 'connections' with key [TypedStringValue: value
> [ajax], target type [null]]; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean
> named 'org.apache.cocoon.ajax.impl.servlet' is defined
>
> Is it expected that one must include all these beans definitions your
> self in some application-context.xml? Also, must one include the
> dependencies on the forms blocks into a pom.xml yourself.

yes, you have to add the forms block as a dependency yourself. Since the forms
block has a dependency on the ajax block you don't have to add it yourself then.
  (see
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-forms-impl/1.0.0-RC1/cocoon-forms-impl-1.0.0-RC1.pom)

> I don't mind to add all of this of course, but this is not very clear
> from the documentation. It is cumbersome though.

Feel free to add your comments or even better to improve the docs when you think
that things are unclear or incomplete.