cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <ajuf...@sun3.oulu.fi>
Subject Re: webapp and blocks
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:46:24 GMT
Reinhard,

thanks for the reply.

> yes but I would want to find a better name that reflects the classes
> that it contains. Too general names usually mean that the architecture
> needs some refinement.
>
> Apart from that, having a block doesn't necessarily require a Cocoon web
> application with configured servlet services being part of it. It's also
> a valid use case to have blocks that only contain Java resources and
> Spring beans (e.g. for domain specific logic).

The classes and resources block would indeed contain Java resources and
Spring beans for domain logic. As a matter of fact, it would contain
everything that is required to interact with the domain (and a
underlying database). It would include certain UI facades as well. It
has its own application-context.xml. It would represent all logic that
is required to handle user requests, whether these are generated through
cocoon, command line, or plain Java Swing. This make it very easy to
test everything outside of cocoon. For now, I need to understand how to
let cocoon interact with this all, using cforms, ajax, dojo, flow, etc.

Thanks,

Andre.