cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [2.1.11] Selectors in map:transform
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2008 19:57:01 GMT
On 16.02.2008 10:37, solprovider@apache.org wrote:

> "A pipeline is about putting components together."  This code is deciding which
> components should be put together.

No, it decides about one component's configuration. map:parameter is not
a component.

> This feels like one line of code was left out of the code for parsing
> map:transform elements that should pass unknown (anything not
> map:parameter) elements to the main element processor.

I bet this is much more complicated. map:transform is a component and
it's handling its configuration. It does NOT expect to process other
components. And it's wrong from an conceptional point of view.

> This thread verified that Cocoon-2.1.11 is broken.  I will transfer
> this discussion to JIRA and the Dev ML.

Feel free to do so. I don't give it a lot of a chance though.

Joerg