cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: weird behavior caused by MANIFEST file
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:49:46 GMT
Mansour pisze:
> Ok, the problem is not resolved and I don't understand this. I have a
> working block that was created from Cocoon tutorial using maven. This
> block works fine. When I extract it and recreate the jar, and add it to
> Cocoon application tomcat fails to deply the whole application giving me
> the same error.
> Definitlely something wrong with the creation of the jar file right? NO,
> wrong, I have tried another jar utility (gjar) and the same results. I
> have created few blocks a while ago, and they are working. But when I do
> the same( extract them and redelopy them) they fail with the same error:
>
>     [java] org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
> Error creating bean with name 'com.mycompany.myBlock1.service':
> Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not
> create configuration for TreeProcesoor; nested exception is
> java.net.MalformedURLException: Could not resolve blockcontext:/myBlock1/
>     [java] Caused by:
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not
> create configuration for TreeProcesoor; nested exception is
> java.net.MalformedURLException: Could not resolve blockcontext:/myBlock1/
>     [java] Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: Could not resolve
> blockcontext:/myBlock1/
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.cocoon.servletservice.ServletServiceContext.getResource(ServletServiceContext.java:141)
>
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapServlet$RequestProcessor.createTreeProcessorConfiguration(SitemapServlet.java:154)
>

> So, what's the deal here? I have googled and found one thread related to
> this issue (
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cocoon.apache.org/msg50136.html) but
> this is not problem as the path did not change when I extracted the
> jars. I think I did pretty much every thing possible (came to my mind)
> to isolate the problem, but no luck so far.
>
> I hope this explains the problem.
>
> Is there any ideas ??

Hello Mansour,

I'm very short on my time so I'll give you a quick hint: as far as I remember Cocoon blocks
do need
to contain special entries in MANIFEST file. Check your block generated by following the tutorial.
If I'm not wrong you will find lots of information about this in dev mailing list archives.

--
Grzegorz