cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Psuedo protocol as a action parameter causing problems
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 16:28:57 GMT
Alec Bickerton schrieb:
> Carsten,
>
> That is what I'm expecting, but for some reason. The redirect is not a
> the url does become the new url.
>
> There are no errors on the console, what is going wrong occurs in
> somewhere in the pipeline. Here's a more concrete example.
>
> For example.
>
> If I make a request to http://myserver/blah I would expect to be
> redirected to the http://myserver/someotherUrl and the request object in
> the action to show the correct URL. This it does.
>
> where there is a matcher
>
> <map:match pattern="**/someotherUrl">
>   <map:act type="SimpleAction">
>     <map:parameter name="ua" value="{useragent}"/>
>     <map:parameter name="two" value="cocoon://{1}/tools/somecheck.jsp" />
>   </map:act>
> </map:match>
>
> Once the matches and the request gets to the jsp the
> request.getRequestURI reads myserver/someotherUrl and not
> myserver/tools/somecheck.jsp as I would be expecting.
>
> As I wrote earlier, if a real http:// url is used, the url appears
> correctly in the request to the jsp.
>
> Btw, The cocoon version being used is 2.1.9.

Ok, there are two problems :)

The first one is that if you use the cocoon: protocol, the redirect is
handled internally, so the browser is not redirecting and is never
notified that a redirect took place. If you want the browser to redirect
you have to use the fully qualified url (using http). I'm not sure, but
it could be that we have some input modules generating the full url for
you, so you might not have to hard code the server name etc. in your
sitemap. You can check the existing input modules for this. If it's not
available I would suggest that you either write an input module for this
or do this inside your action.

The second problem is that jsp access does not work for internal
redirects. And this is a bug.

HTH
Carsten
--