cocoon-users mailing list archives

From anil <anilksha...@btinternet.com>
Subject rcl & including jars for jetty
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2008 18:20:06 GMT

Hi -

I'm trying to integrate a 3rd party servlet filter into a cocoon block I'm
creating. I'm using rcl & trying to patch the web.xml generated by the rcl
plugin using the xpatch mechanism.

The patching of the web.xml seems to be fine - I can see the web.xml built
and my changes are visible - but when I bring up run the jetty:run goal on
the block jetty cannot find jar file for the servlet filter that I have
integrated.

What I have done is this:

1) Added the servlet filter dependency to the pom.xml for my block

2) created some *.xweb files within the cocoon/xpatch directory

When I run mvn jetty:run I get the following error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot load filter
org.chiba.web.filter.XFormsFilter
	at
org.apache.cocoon.tools.rcl.wrapper.servlet.ReloadingServletFilter.init(ReloadingServletFilter.java:74)

[<snip>]

org.chiba.web.filter.XFormsFilter

So effectively jetty can't find the jar file that it needs to start up the
filter. I would have thought that adding the jar as a dependency within my
pom.xml would be all I need to do.

Can anyone clarify how I should approach this? Am I doing the right thing?

I tried to find some documentation on the rcl plugin in case there was some
configuration, but the link to the configuration javadocs seems to be broken
- the location is:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/maven-plugins/maven-plugin/1.0/1297_1_1.html.

Could someone also explain the significance of the rclwrapper.urlcl.conf
file - this seems to contain a list of directory locations to jars within my
block, but the list is not exhaustive, and interestingly the jar files that
contain the servlet filter I'm trying to integrate are not listed.

Many thanks in advance,
Anil.