cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Ludwig <stefan.lud...@advanceit.ch>
Subject Re: Max file size in FileGenerator and encoding in StreamGenerator
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:05:29 GMT
hi all,

my problem is solved!

now i use the FileGenerator. configured like this:
<map:generate type="file" src="{request-param:file}"/>

so the temporary file (uploaded from multipart/form-data) located in
"cocoon-files/upload-dir" will be used.

last (non-working for bigger files) configuration for FileGenerator was:
<map:generate type="file" src="upload://file"/>

best regards
stefan

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Ludwig <stefan.ludwig@advanceit.ch>
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Max file size in FileGenerator and encoding in
StreamGenerator
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:01:10 +0100

no, i have no chance to set request encoding to the same as datafile
encoding.

situation:
i have to transform a xml-datafile (max file size about 20MB) to a pdf
or a excel document.
the customer want to have a simple html form to upload the xml file and
to set the mandatory informations like language and output format. the
xml file can be encoded in utf-8 or iso-8859-1.

so i have:
- html form (multipart/form-data) with following params:
  - file -> xml-datafile
  - output -> serialise excel or pdf
  - locale -> language of serialised doc

- pipe:
  - StreamGenerator (encoding problem)
    or FileGenerator (filesize problem)
  - transformer to fop (pdf) or gmr (excel)
  - transformer i18n for multilanguage
  - serialiser to pdf or excel

my trial:
my own implementation of StreamGenerator (just a copy of the cocoon
one ;). in my implementation i have set encoding fixed to "ISO-8859-1".

result: in this trial also, just files which are utf-8 encoded were be
shown correct.

any ideas to this..?

i don't no exactly, what you mean with the reader thing you wrote...

thanks a lot
steff