cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: [2.2] Basic question on new version of Cocoon
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:06:14 GMT
On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 23:02 +1100, Kamal Bhatt wrote:
> Andrew Savory wrote:
> > In more detail: XSP has been deprecated for some time, since it often
> > resulted in a mixture of concerns (extensive logic, presentation and
> > content all in one file). A more robust alternative is to use java
> > objects + flowscript + template (jxtemplate using jxpath or jexl).
> What about SQL queries? Last time I checked in 2.1, doing SQL queries
> were messy in JXTemplates, flowscript, etc...

If you do not use something like hibernate or ibatis (which I highly
recommend instead of any other thing) there is always the sql
transformer.

Anyhow jx is much cleaner approach to give you some presentational
logic, however if you need more logic (business) then you should use
java flow and jx and/or custom generators that connect to you business
logic and produce SAX.

salu2