cocoon-users mailing list archives

From solprovi...@apache.org
Subject Re: Set/Read Response Code?
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 06:24:16 GMT
Can we see the code?
Can you fix the code?

The Reader needs better handling of errors.  Find the code that
translates the URL into a PDF and make Exceptions return a PDF that
reads:
   This is where the PDF from:
   http://example.com/a.pdf
   would have been inserted if the following error had not occurred:
   IOException: Could not connect to example.com.

You could also write to the command line or a log to inform an
administrator, but explaining the error in the text will allow upset
people to provide something more relevant than variations of "I
received a blank document."

About catching the error before providing a response, have you tried
the usual method of throwing a Java Exception and catching with
<map:handle-errors> in the XMAP?  Which version of Cocoon may also be
relevant.

solprovider