cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nicola Graham <nicola_gra...@standardlife.com>
Subject Unable to do onClick() on a checkbox
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:46:32 GMT
Hi,

I have a requirement to do perform some javascript based on whether a user
has clicked one or more checkboxes:

I have the following code:

The widget definition:

        <fd:multivaluefield id="addfeestoloan">
                        <fd:label>
                                <i18n:text>slb.addfeestoloan</i18n:text>
                        </fd:label>
                        <fd:datatype base="string"/>
                        <fd:selection-list/>
        </fd:multivaluefield>

The xml code:

                <ft:widget id="addfeestoloan">
                        <fi:styling helplink="true" list-type="checkbox"
onclick="alert('hello');" />
                </ft:widget>

The onClick event is not rendered when the html page is created and thus
the javascript is not executed.

Changing the list-type to "radio" works.

Please can you advise which events are available to the checkbox? For
information, the browser being used is IE6.

Many thanks.

Nicola Graham

Role:
Systems Developer

Department:
IS Development Solutions (Banking)

Location:
3rd Floor, Dundas House, 20 Brandon St, Edinburgh, EH3 5PP

Telephone:
0131 246 1311

E-mail:
nicola_graham@standardlife.com

This e-mail is confidential, if you are not the intended recipient, do not
retain/disclose it and please return it to us. We virus scan and monitor
all e-mails but are not responsible for any damage caused by a
virus/alteration of our e-mail by a third party after sending.

For more information on Standard Life group, visit our website
http://www.standardlife.com/

Standard Life plc (SC286832), Standard Life Assurance Limited* (SC286833)
and Standard Life Employee Services Limited (SC271355) are all registered
in Scotland at Standard Life House, 30 Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH1 2DH.
*Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. 0131 225
2552. Calls may be recorded/monitored. Standard Life group includes
Standard Life plc and its subsidiaries.

Please consider the environment. Think - before you print.