cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu>
Subject <grammar> for validation block validation transformer
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:27:53 GMT
I'm trying to use the ValidatingTransformer &
ValidationReportTransformer from
the validation block in cocoon 2.1.10 .

Does a grammar have to be specified in the sitemap to use DTDs as the
schema ?

What is the proper grammar specifier ?

I've tried using <grammar>http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml</grammar>
as well as trying  'Validator.GRAMMAR_XML_DTD'  and 'GRAMMAR_XML_DTD'
and they all result in the error:

	org.apache.cocoon.components.validation.ValidatorException:
Unsupported grammar language

With no <grammar> defined, I get:

	java.net.MalformedURLException: Invalid System ID

( I also tried using the DTD URL in the src attribute for the
transformer, and I get:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding
the root element must be well-formed.
but at that point, I'm just flailing around trying to figure out
what's wrong. )

How do you use this block to validate against a DTD ?

-- Steve Majewski / UVA Alderman Library