cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: C2.2: Accessing form via servlet services?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:23:24 GMT
Rainer Pruy pisze:
> Hi,

Hi Rainer.

> I just got trapped with the following problem
> and was not yet able to get to a suitable solution.
>
> I do have a form in a block A
> There is a main block M that delegates some calls (GET) via servlet services to block
A.
> Unfortunately, there also is a form (form block) in block A.
>
> I managed to put up sitemap for M and B to get the form displayed (there are still some
issues with using xhtml namespace and cforms
> block, but there are some solutions to this..).

What's B here? How do you delegate calls from M to A block? Can you show relevant sitemap
snippet.

> However, submitting the filled in form fails.
> If putting a <map:call continuation="..."/> into M sitemap it complains about invalid
continuations.
> When dispatching continuation calls to A and calling continuation from A sitemap it just
redisplays the form.
> (Logfile says something about redirecting to "cocoon:/formdisplay" where "/formdisplay"
is the URL used to call the form template from
> the flowscript)
>
> Then I recognized that form submission is a "POST" operation and tried some combinations
of servletService generator, transformers and
> servlet-consumer among both sitemaps, and learned a lot about numerous error messages
and exceptions.

ServletService generator and friends has completely different purpose.

> Search for any hints did not reveal anything helpful...

You are using hottest features of Cocoon 2.2; that at least explains why you don't get abundant
search results on Servlet Service Framework stuff...

> Thus, I am back to the basic question: What is the correct approach on using forms from
blocks in another one?

> Any help appreciated....

I'm ready to give you a really good advice as soon as I understand your case thoroughly. I
plan to
continue writing documentation[1] of SSF over this weekend and your real-world experience
might be
very helpful.

[1] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-servlet-service-impl/g1/1412.html

--