cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Pruy <Rainer.P...@Acrys.COM>
Subject C2.2: Accessing form via servlet services?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 21:24:08 GMT
Hi,
I just got trapped with the following problem
and was not yet able to get to a suitable solution.

I do have a form in a block A
There is a main block M that delegates some calls (GET) via servlet services to block A.
Unfortunately, there also is a form (form block) in block A.

I managed to put up sitemap for M and B to get the form displayed (there are still some issues
with using xhtml namespace and cforms
block, but there are some solutions to this..).

However, submitting the filled in form fails.
If putting a <map:call continuation="..."/> into M sitemap it complains about invalid
continuations.
When dispatching continuation calls to A and calling continuation from A sitemap it just redisplays
the form.
(Logfile says something about redirecting to "cocoon:/formdisplay" where "/formdisplay" is
the URL used to call the form template from
the flowscript)

Then I recognized that form submission is a "POST" operation and tried some combinations of
servletService generator, transformers and
servlet-consumer among both sitemaps, and learned a lot about numerous error messages and
exceptions.

Search for any hints did not reveal anything helpful...

Thus, I am back to the basic question: What is the correct approach on using forms from blocks
in another one?

Any help appreciated....

Thanks,
Rainer

--
Rainer Pruy
Managing Director

Acrys Consult GmbH & Co. KG
Untermainkai 29-30, D-60329 Frankfurt, Germany
Phone: +49-69-244506-0 - Fax: +49-69-244506-50
Web: http://www.acrys.com -  Email: office@acrys.com
Registered: Frankfurt am Main, HRA 31151