cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CFORMS] Dynamically specifying Help and labels
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2008 00:39:45 GMT
Kamal Bhatt pisze:
> Now, one thing I don't see a work around for is dynamically setting
> min-size, max-size and initial-size for repeaters (aside from
> dynamically generating the definitions, which is such a bad solution, it
> isn't worth considering). Is there a workaround to this? Was there an
> architectural reason for not supporting this, as this seems like a
> common usecase? This is not a show stopper for me, but it is definitely
> something I would like to do (for reasons similar to my original post).

I think that it's again the same situation as with customizing label. Standard form definition
covers around 80% of use-cases. If your use-case is unusual Forms framework always leaves
the doors
to customization room open. In this case it's writing custom validator. You could write a
simple
Javascript validator consisting of a few lines of scripting that could calculate value for
max-size
according to your needs.

> I would be happy to document how I did the dynamic generation of labels,
> but seeing as I am not using 2.1.8 CForms, I don't see much of a point
> right now. If we ever move to 2.1.8, I will happily post instructions on
> the Cocoon wiki.

Kamal, we will certainly appreciate any contribution to Cocoon's documentation!

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski