cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alec Bickerton <alec.bicker...@minick.ch>
Subject Re: Error serializing session attribute on Tomcat shutdown
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:28:10 GMT
I'm also using 2.1.9 and have managed to get a clean shutdown with
tomcat. Are use using the authentication, javaflow etc... There are
known issues with these.

In our case, the problem was due to session:createcontext calls in the
xsl transformations. We're only using a few generators and actions, so
nothing fancy.

Once I modified the pipelines to either use the temporary sessioncontext
(If it only last for the the request, how is it a sessioncontext? ...but
that's another rant) and everything seems to work just fine. but as
always YMMV.

Alec,

Justice wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im using Cocoon 2.1.9.
> I've tried serializing all the objects that I add to the session but that
> diddnt help. Do you have any idea how I can get around this?
>
> Regards
>

> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>> On 08.01.2008 03:33, Justice Utete wrote:
>>> Hi, Im having a problem with TomCat.
>>>
>>> Whenever I Shut down or restart the contaner when there is an active
>>> session, it throws the following error:
>>>
>>> INFO - Cannot serialize session attribute
>>> org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.DefaultAuthenticationManager/UserStatus
>>> for session CE6F170E366C1E487D80C78B1DCC3B18
>>> java.io.NotSerializableException: