cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: REPOST: HTML Tags from a database field
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 06:16:29 GMT
Tobia

Whew!  Sounds like a lot of work for what I thought would be a
simple config issue.   Any chance you could make the stylesheets
available - maybe upload them to the wiki?

Thanks
Derek

Derek Hohls wrote:
> I am using the SQLTransformer from Cocoon 2.1.8 to extract data from
> text fields in a database.  At present, <tags> are being returned by
> the transformer (i.e. before any downstream alteration) as
> &lt;tags&gt;

I use the HTMLTransformer for that purpose, with a couple of XSLT
stylesheets before and after it.

The first one writes <unescape> tags around each piece of escaped
HTML.  Then the HTMLTransformer is instructed to only transform text
nodes inside those tags (by passing it a <parameter name="tags"
value="unescape"/>.)  Finally a second piece of XSLT gets rid of the
transformer, and does a bit of magic with &amp; and &lt; characters.

Tobia