cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Martin Heiden <martin.hei...@netcologne.de>
Subject Re: 2.2 cocoon-cli
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:27:31 GMT

Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 9:09:23 AM, you wrote:

TS> On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 08:53 +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> >
>> We discussed this some time ago. The outcome at that time was that the
>> cli is not really needed and a webapp with a crawling client (wget etc.)
>> is sufficient.

TS> I started
TS> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/droids/trunk/README.TXT a
TS> while ago but just finished a rewrite of it.

TS> Since I just finished a basic crawler I will have a look whether I can
TS> start to write a cocoon-cli droid. I reckon I just need some wrapper
TS> classes to attack the old cli.

TS> ...but as Carsten points out any help welcome.

Well, I was a bit worried about the future of cocoon-cli because it's
a core module right now and not a block. But reading the answers I see
that I'm not alone ;-)

The background of my question was that I try to port parts of the
daisy CMS to 2.2, because I need it for another application. Doing
this I noticed, that the daisy book-module needs the cli. I'll
continue now without the books, but when I finish the first prototype
I'll have a look at droids. It sounds like a better approach to have
a spring based crawler-component and a cocoon block which uses it.

I'm far from being a "cocoon guru", but maybe I can help a little bit.

I'll drop you a line when I digged a bit into the code.

regards,

  Martin