cocoon-users mailing list archives

From anil <anilksha...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: processToDom talking to another block
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:24:42 GMT

Hi Grzegorz -

Thanks for your help regarding talking to a pipeline in another block. I've
got a supplementary question which I hope you can help with.

How do I pass a string of XML to the pipeline to have it transformed?

Basically I receive a string of XML in flowscript (this XML is read from the
input stream, sent by an xforms engine) and I'd like to pass this string to
the pipeline to perform some XSLT transformation, and have the result of the
transformation passed back to me within flowscript.

To achieve this previously I had done:

var output = pipelineUtil.processToDOM("transformForExist", viewData);

with viewData being the data - this is then read by:

<map:generate src="module:flow-attr:stringOutput" />

So now I am using the source resolver my flowscript is as follows:

var map = new java.util.HashMap();
map.put("stringOutput", submission);

var source =
sourceResolver.resolveURI("servlet:rmm-search:/transformForSolr", null,
map);
var sourceOutput = SourceUtil.toDOM(source);

But I can't find a way to read the parameter within the transformForSolr
pipeline. I tried using the request generator to read the parameters, but
this didn't seem to work.

Sorry, I'm just a bit confused - am I doing the right thing?

Many thanks,
Anil.