cocoon-users mailing list archives

From anil <anilksha...@btinternet.com>
Subject processToDom talking to another block
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:06:59 GMT

Hi -

Could someone clarify whether it's possible for me to use the processToDOM
function in pipelineUtil to talk to a pipeline from another block's sitemap?

I've tried a number of different ways to address the pipeline within the
other block but each time I have received a No pipeline matched request
error.

The syntax I've used to address the pipeline (i.e. the first parameter to
the processToDOM function) is as follows:

servlet:rmm-search:/transformForSolr

/rmm-search/transformForSolr

The first parameter is supposed to be a URI but the documentation for
processPipelineTo (which I believe processToDOM is built on top of) says
that the url cannot contain a scheme, so I didn't expect the first option
above to work.

The documentation for processPipelineTo does say that if the pipeline URI
beings with a / then cocoon will process the request from the root sitemap,
so I thought that may work. Unfortunately not.

If someone could clarify how I should address the pipeline in my other block
I'd be really grateful?

I wondered is there any way I can call a pipeline in block that my
flowscript is running from, get the parameter in that local pipeline and
then forward the request on to the other block & receive the result back in
flowscript?

Many thanks,
Anil.