cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Justice <jdut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error serializing session attribute on Tomcat shutdown
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:01:36 GMT

Hi,

I'm using the cocoon authentication framework. From what i understand
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.DefaultAuthenticationManager/UserStatus
holds the value of the ID element in
<authentication>
    <ID>Unique ID of the user in the system</ID>
    <role>rolename</role> <!-- optional -->
    <data>
        Any additional optional information can be supplied here.
        This will be stored in the session for later retrieval
    </data>
</authentication>

In my case this is the user's email address.

Are you implying that its a known bug or something...

Regards

I'm also using 2.1.9 and have managed to get a clean shutdown with
tomcat. Are use using the authentication, javaflow etc... There are
known issues with these.

In our case, the problem was due to session:createcontext calls in the
xsl transformations. We're only using a few generators and actions, so
nothing fancy.

Once I modified the pipelines to either use the temporary sessioncontext
(If it only last for the the request, how is it a sessioncontext? ...but
that's another rant) and everything seems to work just fine. but as
always YMMV.

-----

Justice Utete
Sun Certified Professional for Java