cocoon-users mailing list archives

From solprovi...@apache.org
Subject Re: Posting html forms
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:34:05 GMT
Hi Super,

Welcome to Cocoon.

1. Best Practices
There is a schism between people using Cocoon as a framework for Java
development and people using Cocoon because Cocoon is a very cool URL
parser and XML/XSL engine.  Your original developer belonged to the
first group.  While I love writing Java and have written Cocoon
Generators, I believe only new standard components should require
programming Java with Cocoon.  The previous developer was not using
Cocoon well.  You could ask this ML how to reproduce the function of
the WebsiteTxn Generator with standard components.  Our responses
improve when posts include details like what is desired,

2. Error Handling
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/errorhandling.html
Just add <map:handle-errors>.  There is an undocumented feature that
error handling does not work if <map:act> is used in a higher
pipeline.

solprovider