cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Babak Farhang" <farh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does CInclude/Include transformers buffer incoming documents ?
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2007 23:10:18 GMT
Hi Eric,

I'm the local know-nothing trying to learn cocoon.  From what I've
read so far, I'd be very surprised if the included document were read
entirely in memory.  The whole point of basing the architecture on SAX
events is to allow just this type of streaming that you're writing
about.

-Babak

On Dec 15, 2007 10:06 AM, Boisvert, Eric <eboisver@nrcan.gc.ca> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Just a question regarding how CInclude, Include and XInclude works (maybe a dumb question
afterall).  I need to pull rather large documents (several megabytes) using either one of
including mechanisms.

> Does CInclude reads _all_ the document to include in memory and *then* streams it down
the pipe or does it start sending SAX event as soon as they are read ? (same question for
Include and XInclude).

> I checked the source code but I'm not familliar enough with all the details to figure
this out for sure.  I suspect that since Include can make parallel requests, I suspect it
buffers the document.