cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jon Evans <jon.ev...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Cached AbstractReader
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:17:35 GMT
Hi,

On 21 Dec 2007, at 10:37, Tobia Conforto wrote:

> I'm not sure what Configurable is supposed to do (I haven't got around
> to studying Avalon yet!) but every Cocoon Reader must implement
> setup()
> (see: http://tinyurl.com/ynkwv2 ) and if the 4th argument to setup()
> is
> called pars, you can just do: pars.getParameter("defaultFilename");

That was it. I'd extended AbstractReader so it hid the fact that the
setup() method was there. In fact AbstractReader puts the parameters
in a field ready to be accessed from the generate() method.

I also found out about the ServiceableReader class at the link you
gave, which further simplified my class.

Thanks

Jon