cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Robin Wyles <...@robinwyles.com>
Subject C2.2 and OpenSessionInViewInterceptor
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2007 14:56:55 GMT
Hi,

I would like to implement something similar to Spring's
OpenSessionInViewInterceptor [1] in Cocoon 2.2 - the idea being to
open a Hibernate session when specific pipelines are called, binding
it to the current thread and then closing it when the pipeline
execution (and therefore the view) has finished. I know I could use
the OpenSessionInViewFilter [2], but the URL mapping is unwieldy and
is not fine grained enough for my needs, and I'm not even sure if the
filter would be called when pipelines are called by other blocks
(anyone know?).

My first idea was to extend one of the existing pipeline
implementations but it seems this won't work for pipelines that
include calls to flowscript functions as these are handled before the
pipeline is set up. Ideally I would like to enable this functionality
for specific pipelines, so if anyone has any ideas about how I could
go about implementing this I'd love to hear it!

Thanks,

Robin

[1] http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.6/api/org/
springframework/orm/hibernate3/support/OpenSessionInViewInterceptor.html
[2] http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.6/api/org/
springframework/orm/hibernate3/support/OpenSessionInViewFilter.html