cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RCL, Session and ClassCastException
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2007 18:40:08 GMT
Robin Wyles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When developing using the RCL it seems that after I update any file that
> triggers a reload (e.g. sitemap) any references in my Java code to
> objects stored in the current session result in a ClassCastException.
> Debugging shows that the object is still there in the session after the
> reload, and it is of the correct class, so does anyone know why I should
> get this error?

The object that you put into the session is loaded by one classloader and then
after a reload you cast it using another one.

This seems to be a bug in the reloading classloader or the way how we use it.
Unfortunatly I haven't had the time yet to create a test case that demonstrates
the problem in an isolated environment so that the Commons JCI guys can have a
look at this problem (if it's their problem).