cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Goers" <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: best wishes for 2008: 2.1 vs. 2.2
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:00:51 GMT
My "wish" for Cocoon 2.2 has always been that
1. The "download" of Cocoon would be nothing more than installing a
maven plugin.
2. You'd use a Maven archetype to create a starter project. Ideally,
this is how the sample site should get created.
3. Building your project would automatically download the rest of cocoon
based upon the dependencies specified in the created project.
4. Building a project thus requires documentation on all the available
blocks, the services they provide, and how to invoke them.

Unfortunately, I am still almost entirely focused on Cocoon 2.1 so I'm
not certain how close we have gotten to my wish, but I have a feeling
that if we can't do this today the effort to get there is pretty minimal.

Ralph