cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Legg <david.l...@searchevent.co.uk>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 install
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:51:55 GMT

Fawzib Rojas wrote:

>> Cocoon 2.2 is radically different but I definitely think it's worth it.
> I don't mind it being different, the problem is no documentation on
> how to do things (or if there is, I can't find it) and I can't even
> figure out how to install it.

Ah!... I understand ;-)

Maven does all the 'installing' for you.  As I said, Cocoon 2.2 is very
different from earlier versions.  Maven is the key.  If you run Maven
from the command line as shown in the tutorial [1] it will download what
it needs from a remote repository and build a skeletal Cocoon 2.2
application for you.  Then you have to figure out how to split up your
existing app into suitable blocks and fit them into the new structure.
Following the other tutorials in sequence will help you understand how
to connect up other blocks.

Maven is used to do most of the heavy lifting from compiling your source
files to creating javadocs, running tests and deploying your final
application.  It would be wise to read up on Maven a little.

- David.

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1159_1_1.html