cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kamal Bhatt <kbh...@tt.com.au>
Subject Re: Passing values from an XSP back to the sitemap
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 05:31:06 GMT

> I fear I did not understand what you really want - and still don't.
> Can you rephrase it?

I should probably phrase the scenario better. I have a folder location
that is specified in a database. I need to run a query on the database
and generate XML (using an XSP) , as well, I need to get this folder
location and use it to determine the location of some XSLTs that is
later used to transform the generated XML. Seeing as I am querying the
database for XML, I don't want a situation where I am querying twice.

Something like this:

       <map:match pattern="test-xsp-action">
         <map:act type="xsp-action" src="my-xsp-action.xsp">
           <map:generate type="file" src="test2.xml"/>
           <map:transform src="{my-xsp-action-variable}/myxslt.xslt"/>
         </map:act>

         <map:serialize type="xml"/>
       </map:match>

However, I also have the added requirement that I need to support
aggregation, which isn't working in this scenario (that is
my-xsp-action-variable isn't available outside of  the associated
match). I want to be able to setup a parameter that is available from
any match/pipeline. In a similar way that flow attributes seem to be.

Hope that makes more sense.

--
Kamal Bhatt