cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kamal Bhatt <kbh...@tt.com.au>
Subject Re: Passing values from an XSP back to the sitemap
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 01:39:17 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 16.12.2007 17:20 Uhr, Kamal Bhatt wrote:
>
>> I want to be able to get a folder location from an database query,
>> and based on this folder location specify the folder location for
>> some XSLTs. For example, the database may store /xslts/myxslts/ as
>> the location, so in the sitemap, I want to go:
>>
>> <map:transform src="{myxsltlocation}/test.xsl"/>
>>
>> Now, I know this can be setup in using actions. Where it fails,
>> however, is when you need an aggregate, eg:
>>
>>        <map:match pattern="test-xsp-action2">
>>          <map:aggregate element="test1">
>>            <map:part src="cocoon:/test-xsp-action"/>
>>            <map:part src="{testXML}"/>
>>          </map:aggregate>
>>          <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>>        </map:match>
>>        <map:match pattern="test-xsp-action">
>>          <map:act type="xsp-action" src="my-xsp-action.xsp">
>>            <map:generate type="file" src="test2.xml"/>
>>            <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>>          </map:act>
>>
>>          <map:generate  src="test.xml"/>
>>          <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>>        </map:match>
>
> What exactly is the problem? Couldn't you wrap the map:aggregate with
> the map:act XSP action?
When I tried to get te value testXML in test-xsp-action2, it didn't
work. It does work when it is done in test-xsp-action.

I would prefer not wrapping the XSP action. What I have is a situation
where I will need to get some data from a database (using an XSP) as
well as passing a value back from the XSP to select the stylesheets. I
would prefer this was done in one transaction.

--
Kamal Bhatt