cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Regular Expression Help
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:51:46 GMT
I know the group does not directly offer support for Regular Expressions,
but this is a "quick and simple" question that someone might know...

I need to check that a valid web address (grammatically correct anyway)
is being entered in a form field.  I am trying to check for the address
starting with a valid prefix - the regexp I am using is:

pattern="^(http|https|ftp)://"

but this only allows me to enter only the prefix; not any string starting with
those characters, which is what I thought the ^ character would do?

Thanks
Derek