cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alec Bickerton <alec.bicker...@minick.ch>
Subject Re: Cocoon and clustering
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:05:10 GMT
Alec Bickerton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using cocoon 2.1.9 and am seeing some unusual behaviour when tomcat
> shuts down.
>
> I see a NotSerializableException thrown regarding CocoonComponentManager
> and SessionContext[1]. To my knowledge, the application doest not store
> any session contect in the session.
>
> The cocoon application only uses pipelines and a few actions and
> generators. We're not using Flowscript or Javaflow so was not expecting
> to see this issue.
>
> Does anyone know what likely to be causing this ?

Having spent most of today going through a mountain of .xsl, I have
found the cause. It appears that if a transformation does this...

 <session:createcontext name="mysession"/>
 <session:setxml context="mysession" path="/sessionua">
 </session:setxml>

Then the session context hangs around and causes the Not serializable
exception.

Am I missing something?

Does any mechanism exist to ensure this is removed at the end of the
pipeline.

Alec,