cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Filter transformer - default block size?
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 06:18:41 GMT
Carsten

Thank you for clarifying that.  I do not wish to implement a special version
only for my own purposes (I can find a work-a-round for now) .  Would it
be possible that such an amendment be considered for future versions?
(It does seem like a potentially useful option).

Thanks
Derek

Derek Hohls wrote:
> I am using the filter transformer - which works just fine -
> as follows:
>
> <map:transform type="filter">
>   <map:parameter name="element-name" value="row"/>
>   <use-request-parameters>true</use-request-parameters>
>   <map:parameter name="count" value="{request-param:c}"/>
>   <map:parameter name="blocknr" value="{request-param:b}"/>
> </map:transform>
>
> In the case where *no* values are passed for the parameters,
> it seems the "count" value defaults to "10".  Is there a way to change
> what this default is without passing an actual parameter value to the
> filter transformer (I was thinking perhaps a setting in cocoon.xconf)?

Hi,

no, the current implementation does not provide a way to change the
default for count.

You can extend the transformer and make it implement either Configurable
or Parameterizable to change the default values. An example for this is
the EncodeURLTransformer which reads default information in the
"configure" method and then uses these as defaults in the "setup" method.

HTH
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler