cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Hugh Sparks" <h...@csparks.com>
Subject Cocoon 2.2 - Symbolic links in map:mount path not working
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:21:32 GMT
I have a test case sitemap that simply mounts a sub-sitemap:

    <map:match pattern="*/**">
            <map:mount src="{1}/" uri-prefix="{1}"/>
    </map:match>

The cocoon webapp has this root directory:

    WEB-INF
    sitemap.xmap
    stuff

Stuff is a directory that contains:

    sitemap.xmap
    index.html

The stuff/sitemap.xmap simply does a
map:read on the index.html file.

This configuration works as expected when "stuff" is a
directory, but if I introduce asymbolic link, "thing" :

    ln -s stuff thing

I get this error:

    http-8080-1 ERROR cocoon.access - Internal Cocoon
    Problem org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
    Sitemap: error when calling sub-sitemap at
    <map:mount> - jndi:/localhost/cocoon22//sitemap.xmap:8:43
    at <map:match> - jndi:/localhost/cocoon22//sitemap.xmap:7:28
    at org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException.throwLocated
        (ProcessingException.java:111)
    at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke
        (MountNode.java:118)

Note the empty path element in the jndi path where
"thing" might be expected.

I have both cocoon 1.1 and cocoon 2.2 installations running
under Tomcat 6.x. When I move the "stuff" directory to the
cocoon 1.1 webapp, the example works as expected.

Is there some property I should set to enable symbolic links
as path components in cocoon 2.2?

Thanks,

-Hugh Sparks, hugh@csparks.com